Cosmetic surgery, as a whole, topped out last year at 1,469,752 and included in that total was 123,686 facelifts. With plastic surgery comes the biggest concern that a facelift will have an unnatural appearance but an experienced plastic surgeon together with breakthroughs in the facelift landscape; the patient will look natural and appear as though there was nothing done. These results are what the Aesthetic Surgery Center and Anurag Agarwal, MD, FACS, Richard W. Maloney, MD, FACS, and William A. Ross bring to the table. That’s not all; they also specialize in breast augmentation, body contouring, and skin treatment procedures.
Reasonable Expectations: The Real Capabilities Of A Facelift
Realistically, a facelift procedure may turn back the clock ten years, but many still think a facelift will magically make you look 20-years-old again.
Patients should have reasonable expectations, possess the understanding the outcome of a facelift will have a fresh natural, almost invisible result, and not the taught, done, or fake appearance some expect to see.
The best candidates for plastic surgery also desire a facelift for themselves, not a motive for the benefit of a partner, and not because it might make them more appealing to others, all pointing to the proper mental health of the plastic surgery recipient.
Overall Good Physical Condition
The best candidates should have a good handle on their physical health, as more concerns arise, conducting a little research before a surgical consultation will make a candidate better prepared.
A surgery candidate should explain all their pre-existing conditions to the surgeon before electing to go through with the procedure as it may determine if someone can have a surgical or non-surgical facelift.
Chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or a smoker can affect circulation and blood flow, causing the patient to struggle to get enough oxygen that’s necessary for healing.
After setting a date for a consultation, the best candidates for a facelift procedure do research and prepare questions to ask; a patient that doesn’t have questions may not appear committed, ultimately wasting everyone’s time.
Since a patient receives a lot of paperwork and information, they should bring a folder, notebook, and pen in preparation for the course of the surgery process.
Here are a few frequently asked questions to consider broaching with the surgeon during a consultation:
- What ensures an ideal candidate for cosmetic procedures?
- What constitutes an ideal candidate for a facelift.
- What is the best age range to receive a facelift?
- How safe is plastic surgery?
- What does it refer to when a plastic surgeon is board-certified?
- What makes this surgeon the best possible option?
- Is the facelift procedure inpatient or outpatient and is a hospital stay involved?
- What part, if any, is covered by insurance?
- What preparations are needed in the days leading up to the surgery date and beyond?
- To achieve the ultimate results, what steps should be taken?
- Are there less invasive options if, for any reason, a surgical facelift isn’t the answer?
- When is it safe to resume work and other activities like sports, sexual relations, working out, etc?
- How long does the actual procedure last?
- How long do the results last?
- What items are needed to bring the day of surgery?
- Is someone needed to supply drop off, pick up, and surgery aftercare service?
- What additional appointments are required pre-surgery and post-surgery?
Aesthetic Surgery Center
Anurag Agarwal, MD, FACS, Richard W. Maloney, MD, FACS, and William A. Ross at the Aesthetic Surgery Center focus on not only the artistry of the face but also the neck, body, and breast.
Dr. Argarwal and Dr. Maloney, advanced in their field, are certified by two boards, the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Both experienced doctors utilize endoscopic face lifting, Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), Finesse rhinoplasty, and the popular Laserwash techniques to breathe new life into tired, targeted problem areas with precision.
Dr. William Ross holds board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is trained in the aesthetics of the breast, face, and body procedures.
All three surgeons at the Aesthetic Surgery Center derive pride in their scientific approach to cosmetic rejuvenation, and their number one goal is to maintain a desired aesthetic, leaving their patients pleased with natural, long-lasting results. If someone is thinking about taking the initial steps towards improving their appearance and self-esteem, then contemporary cosmetic surgery is the answer. The Aesthetic Surgery Center serves with immense pleasure the Naples, Fort Myers, and Marco Island areas, and welcomes all surgery candidates to their caring and professional practice.