Thigh Lift in Naples, FL
Diet and exercise are key to a healthy lifestyle, but when weight loss or the aging process results in excessive loose skin on the thighs, it’s time to seek out a medical solution. A thigh lift can help to create firmer upper legs and improved contours of the thighs as well as your confidence. Looking for a thigh lift in Naples? Aesthetic Surgery Center specializes in thigh lift surgery.
Dr. Holmes has a genuine understanding of men’s and woman’s bodies and ideal aesthetic proportions, which they carefully take into consideration during their surgical planning. Through thoughtful consultations with his patients, Dr. Holmes makes it a priority to understand each patient’s specific goals and desires for thigh lift surgery.
Is Thigh Lift Surgery Right for Me?
A thigh lift, or thighplasty, is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat to reshape the thighs. The result is tighter skin and more normal-looking contours of the lower body. If you have achieved your ideal weight through diet and exercise, but still have loose, disproportionate skin and tissues in the thigh area, a surgical thigh lift may be right for you.
Thigh Lift Surgery With Dr. Holmes
During your consultation, Dr. Holmes will evaluate your anatomy, discuss your concerns and thoughtfully design a unique surgical plan that will safely and effectively meet your thigh lift goals. In some cases, Dr. Holmes may recommend complimentary body contouring procedures to address other issues or concerns that a thigh lift alone cannot correct.
During thigh lift surgery, Dr. Holmes will make the necessary incisions to tighten the underlying tissue, remove excess skin and fat, and redrape the skin for smoother, more proportionate thigh contours. Incisions are made in the groin area and may be extended around the hip. Although incisions can be extensive, Dr. Holmes uses advanced techniques to place incisions strategically so they are hidden by most types of swimsuits and other clothing items.
Thigh Lift Techniques
A thigh lift can be performed using either a medial (inner) or a lateral (outer) lifting technique. A medial lift is considered the “minimal” incision technique and used for patients with sagging tissue of the inner thighs. A lateral lift is used to tighten skin on the front and outside of the thighs and is generally the best technique for massive weight loss patients.
Medial Thigh Lift
For medial thigh lift, Dr. Holmes will make an incision in the groin crease, where the groin and thigh meet. After removing a section of excess skin and fat, they close the incision, which results in tighter skin, an improved thigh contour, and better skin elasticity.
Lateral Thigh Lift
During a lateral lift, Dr. Holmes will make an incision in the groin crease that extends up and around the hip and thigh, following the area where the lower edge of most underwear sits. After removing the excess skin and tissue, Dr. Holmes will pull the remaining skin up and close the incision. The result is tighter skin on both the left and right sides of the thigh, improved thigh contour, and better skin elasticity.
Thigh lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Time in surgery takes 2 to 3 hours to complete, depending on the amount of correction necessary. Most patients are able to return to work within 10 days and resume all normal activities, including exercise, within 4 to 6 months.
Thigh Lift FAQs
Men and women at a fairly stable weight with excess skin and fat along the inner (medial) thigh area or the outer thigh may be good candidates for this procedure. Good candidates are in good physical health, non-smokers, and have realistic expectations about the outcome of the surgery. The best way to determine if you are a candidate is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Holmes at the Aesthetic Surgery Center.
Although incisions can be extensive, Dr. Holmes uses advanced techniques to place incisions strategically so that they are hidden by most types of swimsuits and other clothing items.
After surgery, dressings will be applied to the incisions. Patients will also wear a compression garment, which is important to minimize swelling and support the new contours as the thighs heal. Small drains, which are thin tubes, may be placed under the skin to allow excess blood and fluid to drain. These drains will be removed at the first post-op follow-up visit with Dr. Holmes within a week. Any sutures will be removed one to two weeks after surgery.
The recovery period after a lift is usually 7 to 10 days. Some bruising and swelling are typical, peaking after three days and resolving on its own within a few weeks. Most patients are able to return to work within 10 days and resume all normal activities, including exercise, within 4 to 6 weeks.
If you live in the state of Florida, Aesthetic Surgery Center offers thigh lift among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.
Why choose Aesthetic Surgery Center
- Board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
- Received his Doctor of Medicine at Philadelphia’s MCP-Hahnemann School of Medicine in 1999 and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- In 2016, Dr. Agarwal was honored at the annual American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery national meeting.
- Certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Served as chief investigator for numerous laser application systems for CO2, Argon, Nd:YAG, ER:YAG and Krypton lasers used in Facial surgery.
- Fellow American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Attended medical school at UNMC (University of Nebraska Medical College).
- Was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- Member of The Aesthetic Society, the Florida Medical Association, and Collier County Medical Society.
- General surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, IL
- Plastic surgery residency at Cleveland Clinic Florida