Broadband Light in Naples, FL
The Aesthetic Surgery Center has been proud to be the first practice in Naples, Florida to offer the Sciton Profile™ Broadband Light (BBL) device. Broadband Light’sTM innovative technology sets new standards for the treatment of skin conditions associated with aging, active life-styles, and sun damage.
Broadband Light energy can be used to treat age spots, small facial veins (telangiectasias), rosacea, solar lentigines (freckles), brown spots, and poikiloderma.
About Broadband Light
The light energy delivered by the BBL™ will gently heat up the upper layers of your skin. By selecting the appropriate wavelength or filter, Drs. Agarwal, Maloney, and Holmes will use this photothermal energy to target the fine vessels and unwanted melanin responsible for pigmented lesions.
The most popular treatments are for the face, neck, upper chest, back of the hands, and arms. On average, two treatments spaced 3 weeks apart are necessary to produce the desired results. You may benefit from additional treatments depending on the severity of your condition. Maintenance treatments are beneficial annually.
The BBL™ treatment is gentle, non-invasive, and safe. Topical anesthesia is beneficial, and there is minimal down-time. If the treatment is for brown spots, the spots will initially darken over 24 hours, before speckling and falling off 1-2 weeks later. If the treatment is for capillaries, there is initial mild swelling and possible mild bruising. Because the epidermal skin barrier is left intact, you can return to work and apply makeup right away. It is important to avoid direct sun exposure throughout the treatment/recovery period.
Broadband Light Conditions
What conditions can be treated with Broadband Light (BBL™)?
- Age spots
- Brown spots
- Small facial veins (telangiectasias)
- Solar lentigines (freckles)
Broadband Light FAQs
If you live in the state of Florida, Aesthetic Surgery Center offers Broadband Light among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.
Why choose Aesthetic Surgery Center
- Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
- Received his Doctor of Medicine at Philadelphia’s MCP-Hahnemann School of Medicine in 1999 and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- In 2016, Dr. Agarwal was honored at the annual American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery national meeting.
- Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Served as chief investigator for numerous laser application systems for CO2, Argon, Nd:YAG, ER:YAG and Krypton lasers used in Facial surgery.
- Fellow American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Board-certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Attended medical school at UNMC (University of Nebraska Medical College).
- Was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- Member of The Aesthetic Society, the Florida Medical Association, and Collier County Medical Society.
- General surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, IL
- Plastic surgery residency at Cleveland Clinic Florida
Contact us today to schedule a consultation at The Aesthetic Surgery center’s office at 239-594-9100.