Breast Lift in Naples, FL
Age, pregnancy, or simple weight fluctuations can contribute to a loss in skin elasticity and structural support, resulting in “saggy” or “droopy” breasts. At the Aesthetic Surgery Center of Naples, Dr. Casey Holmes provides individually tailored breast lift procedures, designed to restore a woman’s self-assuredness with a pleasing, natural-looking chest.
Transform and Uplift with Breast Lift Benefits
A Breast Lift, or mastopexy, is a transformative procedure designed to rejuvenate the breast profile. It addresses sagging and loss of shape, common with aging, weight fluctuations, or post-pregnancy changes. This surgery elevates and reshapes the breasts, providing a more youthful and lifted appearance, enhancing both comfort and confidence.
Restore a perky, youthful shape to your breasts, reversing the effects of aging and gravity.
Balance and harmonize the size and shape of your breasts for a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Feel revitalized in your own skin with a lifted, firmer breast profile, boosting self-esteem and body image.
It’s one of life’s little facts: A woman’s breasts change over time. Age, pregnancy, or simple weight fluctuations can contribute to a loss in skin elasticity and structural support, resulting in “saggy” or “droopy” breasts.
While these changes are common, they still have the ability to rob a woman of her confidence and self-esteem. Fortunately, breast lift techniques are available today that can reverse the negative impacts of time and gravity on the chest.
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift, also known as a Mastopexy, is a surgical procedure designed to restore the breasts back to their youthful position. The lifting technique involves removing loose, excess skin (also known as ‘skin laxity’), and then reshaping the underlying tissue to enhance the overall shape of the breast.
A breast lift can be performed alone for rejuvenating results. However, as the breast lift is only designed to improve position and shape, the technique does not change the breast’s volume. For many women, optimal results can be seen when the breast lift procedure is combined with the placement of breast implants, restoring both the volume and position of the breasts during one procedure.
The Breast Lift Consultation
Prior to scheduling your procedure, a consultation appointment will be arranged with Dr. Holmes at The Aesthetic Surgery Center in Naples or Fort Myers. During this time, Dr. Holmes will come to understand your physical needs and aesthetic goals. He will then explain all of the breast lift options, and answer any remaining questions. Dr. Holmes will also show Before/After photographs of recent Mastopexy patients, to illustrate the process. Should it be determined that the breast lift is right for an individual, a unique surgical plan will be created to match these needs.
The Ideal Candidate for a Breast Lift
Anyone, frustrated with sagging breasts, may make an excellent candidate for the breast lift procedure. While the average breast lift patient is in her 40s, women both younger and older may begin to notice the sagging tissues, distorted nipple position, and the unwelcome signs of declining breasts. A potential patient is expected to be in overall good health, understand the breast lift technique, and hold realistic expectations for their final results. A woman should also be committed to the recovery process.
CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Breast Lift Procedure
The Mastopexy procedure is performed as an outpatient cosmetic surgery, under general anesthesia. As the correction required will be tailored for each individual patient, the procedure can take between two to three hours to complete. During the consultation appointment, Dr. Holmes will determine the recommended technique and incision pattern to be used during the breast lift. They will use the degree of droop, a woman’s unique physical needs, and the patient’s aesthetic desires to determine the specifics of each breast lift procedure.
- Breasts with minimal breast ptosis, or droop, can see excellent results from the Benelli Lift procedure. Also known as a Periareolar Mastopexy, this technique requires only an incision around the nipples. The Benelli Lift is often paired with a breast augmentation, for optimal results, in order to increase breast size.
- Medium breasts with a moderate ptosis will benefit most from the Lollipop Lift, sometimes referred to as a Vertical Mastopexy. In addition to the circular Periareolar incision, the Lollipop Lift includes a vertical incision down the mid-breast to the breast crease. This is the most commonly performed breast lift procedure.
- Large, full breasts with significant sagging may require the more dramatic, Anchor Lift technique. Also called the Wise Pattern Mastopexy, a horizontal incision will run across the breast fold, coupled with the Periareolar and vertical incisions. The Anchor Lift can provide excellent, long lasting results.
To begin the Mastopexy procedure, Dr. Holmes will place several thin incisions along the predetermined areas of the breast. From here, he will excise the stretched skin, and then reshape the remaining breast tissues to a higher, more natural position on the chest. If needed, he will reduce the nipple size, creating proportion with the other breast tissue. At this time, additional procedures such as a breast reduction or the placement of a breast implant will be performed, if needed. Once the desired results have been achieved, Dr. Holmes will place dissolvable sutures for a safe and effective healing process.
Recovery from Breast Lift
Patients should plan on their breast lift recovery to take approximately one to two weeks. Mild swelling, numbness, and bruising are common but usually diminish quickly following surgery. Once the swelling has started to resolve, and the incisions heal, the breast tissue will settle to an organic-looking height. Most women do not experience any more than mild to moderate discomfort during the healing process. However, Dr. Holmes will prescribe the needed prescription pain medications for a peaceful recovery.
Most women will feel well enough to return to work or school a week after their breast lift procedure. It is important to remember that even if a patient is feeling well, vigorous exercise and heavy lifting (including small children) should be postponed for at least four weeks after surgery.
Breast Lift Risks and Complications
Patient safety is of the utmost importance at The Aesthetic Surgery Center. Dr. Holmes’s breast lift techniques are widely considered to be safe and satisfying procedures. Using a combination of meticulous, cutting-edge incisions, and traditional techniques, Dr. Holmes has provided numerous women with safe and satisfying Mastopexy results.
Since the breast lift surgery is an invasive procedure, however, there is always a small risk for complications to arise. Patients should understand there is always a small, although rare, chance for excessive bleeding, infection, scarring, poor wound healing, permanent nipple numbness, and breast asymmetry.
To avoid complications, patients are encouraged to use only experienced board-certified plastic surgeons, such as Dr. Holmes at the Aesthetic Surgery Center.If you have any questions about these procedures at the Aesthetic Surgery Center or would like to schedule a breast lift consultation appointment with Dr. Holmes, contact our Naples, Florida office at 239.594.9100.
Why choose Aesthetic Surgery Center
- Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
- Oral examiner and Board of Directors for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Former President of the Florida Society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Received his Doctor of Medicine at Philadelphia’s MCP-Hahnemann School of Medicine in 1999 and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- In 2016, Dr. Agarwal was honored at the annual American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery national meeting.
- Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Served as chief investigator for numerous laser application systems for CO2, Argon, Nd:YAG, ER:YAG and Krypton lasers used in Facial surgery.
- Fellow American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Board-certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Attended medical school at UNMC (University of Nebraska Medical College).
- Was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- Member of The Aesthetic Society, the Florida Medical Association, and Collier County Medical Society.
- General surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, IL
- Plastic surgery residency at Cleveland Clinic Florida
Breast Lift FAQs
Depending on the type of breast lift performed, and the extent of correction, a breast lift procedure will take between two and three hours to perform.
The recovery period after a breast lift will take about a week. Swelling and bruising are also common over the first few weeks.
Most patients feel well enough to return to work in one week, while exercise should be postponed for four weeks.
Yes, the breast lift procedure will result in scars along the incision lines. Dr. Holmes minimizes scarring through meticulous, innovative suturing techniques. Over time, the breast lift scars will become fine lines. Scars can be well concealed, however, underneath clothing and swimwear.
The benefits from a breast lift are long-lasting. However, breast tissue will continue to be affected by gravity and the aging process. Therefore, the results from a breast lift may change slightly over time.
To ensure a low-stress breast lift, and an efficient recovery period, Dr. Holmes suggests the following:
– Take at least five to seven days off from work, allowing appropriate time to heal.
– Pickup pain medications, antibiotics, or other prescriptions from the pharmacy prior to the day of surgery.
– Arrange for a ride home from the surgical center; you will not be able to drive yourself.
– Set up help with household chores, pets, and/or children for the first 24-48 hours after surgery, as you will be very tired and sore.
– Create a soothing recovery space to rest comfortably after your procedure, including books, magazines, movies, and several extra pillows.
– Stock up on soft, easy-to-prepare meals and lots of liquids.
If you live in the state of Florida, Aesthetic Surgery Center offers breast lift among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.