At the Aesthetic Surgery Center, ONLY BOARD CERTIFIED FACIAL PLASTIC AND PLASTIC SURGEONS perform all injectable filler, Botox Cosmetic, and laser procedures. This is what sets us apart and what you should consider when seeking your treatment.
With every type of physician, dentist, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, and medispa offering injectable and laser treatments at various prices and with varying recommendations, the choice of provider can be confusing to the layperson who is seeking cosmetic rejuvenation. Who should you trust? Where should you go? Are they all the same? Let’s delve deeper into this:
1. Board certified facial plastic surgeons and board certified plastic surgeons complete between 6-8 years of advanced training after medical school. Much of this training is devoted to studying anatomy, reviewing aesthetic principles, hands-on experience under the tutelage of expert physicians and mentors with both non-surgical and surgical procedures, and learning how to deal with complications. In my opinion, no one else even comes close to this level of training in aesthetics.
2. Board certified facial plastic surgeons and board certified plastic surgeons have passed written exams, taken oral board examinations, submitted at least 2 years of patient case logs, and been verified by peer references in the same field. Injectables such as Botox Cosmetic and fillers, and all types of laser treatments are topics that are covered through this process.
3. Board certified facial plastic surgeons and board certified plastic surgeons are able to perform all procedures related to aesthetics. They can give you recommendations based on what injectables or lasers can and can’t do, as well as what surgical options can accomplish. When you’ve heard all of the options, you can make a more informed choice as to how you would like to proceed. If a nurse practitioner or physician assistant or non-plastic surgeon physician cannot perform advanced procedures, could they be tempted to offer you only injectables and lasers, knowing that they may lose a patient by referring them out? It’s certainly possible and happens all too often. Isn’t it better to know all the options at the outset rather than spending thousands of dollars on something that may not address your needs?
4. Although uncommon, complications can and do occur with injectables and laser treatments. Some of these can include but are not limited to skin necrosis, bumps and nodules, blindness, skin discoloration, pigmentary change, and scarring. While no injector is immune to having complications, who better to treat these other than a board certified facial plastic surgeon or board certified plastic surgeon? On a daily basis, we see several patients with complications due to treatment by inexperienced non-core providers.
5. Check your provider’s credentials to make sure they are allowed to perform injectable and laser treatments. The Florida Board of Medicine and Department of Health have strict guidelines on this.
6. I would encourage you to avoid price shopping when it comes to your face. Bear in mind that a few dollars saved today, could cost you thousands more if you have to deal with an adverse outcome.
It is for these reasons that at the Aesthetic Surgery Center, our 3 board-certified facial plastic and plastic surgeons do not delegate these injectable or laser treatments to anyone else. These treatments should be taken as seriously as any surgical procedure. Trust your face, Trust your form. Please call 239-594-9100 to schedule your appointment with one of our plastic surgeons.
Anurag Agarwal, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Aesthetic Surgery Center and Skin Spa
1175 Creekside Parkway
Naples, FL 34108